Baseball artifacts with local ties.
With an emphasis on West Tampa, Ybor City and Tampa baseball, the Tampa Baseball Museum at the Al Lopez House is considering items for possible inclusion in the exhibit space.
Two-dimensional examples: photographs, baseball cards, game tickets, game programs, game rosters, print advertisments, newspaper clippings and magazine articles. These items can be donated or scanned and returned.
Three-dimensional examples (for permanent donation): batting helmets, gloves, jerseys, hats, catcher’s equipment, pennants, signed balls and bats, books and trophies.
Topics of Interest
- Major, Minor and Negro League teams (Tampa Bay Rays, Tampa Yankees, Tampa Smokers, Tampa Tarpons, Tampa Giants, Tampa Rockets
- Local Leagues (Inter-Social Leagues, Cigar City League, American Legion, Municipal League
- Local Fields (Plant Field, Al Lopez Field, Legends Field, Tropicana Field, Cuscaden Park, MacFarlane Park
- Hillborough County residents who played, coached and/or managed in the Major Leagues (Al Lopez, Lou Piniella, Tony LaRussa, Wade Boggs, Fred McGriff, Tino Martinez, Dwight Gooden, Luis Gonzalez, Dave Magadan, Gary Shefflield are of particular interest).
- Players from Tampa who played on early league teams (Inter-Social Leagues, factory leagues, etc.)
- Youth baseball (Tampa Little Leagues, local high schools and area colleges).